Specifically designed for motorcycle riders, the Sena SMH10D-11 takes things up a notch, as this is the intercom suitable even for long ranges where the more basic Sena headsets just could not catch up.
Enjoy hands-free calls and great music with this Sena Bluetooth intercom or navigate with only voice instructions. It lets users have intercom conversations either with the passenger or other motorcycle riders in clear voice quality.
Using advanced digital processing technology, the Sena SMH10D-11 headset delivers
- Long-range music sharing and intercom for motorcyclists--up to 900 meters (980 yards)
- Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity to listen to and share music, make phone calls with speed dialing, and participate in a four-way intercom conversation
- Advanced Noise Control technology cuts down on background noise for both incoming and outgoing audio
- Includes Universal Microphone Kit
- Up to 12 hours of talk time and 10 days of stand-by time on a single charge
If you want something awesome straight out of the box, check out the specifications of this SMH10D-11 motorcycle intercom by Sena.
- Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 headset
- Universal intercom
- Ultra-HD Voice recording compatible with Sena GP10 Bluetooth Back for GoPro and Sena Prism Bluetooth Action Camera
- Audio Booster
- Multi-pair with up to four headsets
- GPS navigation device pair-able
- Hands-free calls
- Individual volume profiles
- Integrated audio booster
- Playback controls
- Versatile Jog Dial
- Upgradable firmware
- 4-way full duplex intercom
- Working Distance of up to 900 meters or 980 yards in any open terrain
- Talk time of 12 hours
- Standby time of 10 days
- Charging time of 2.5 hours (lithium polymer battery)
- Package includes headset main units, speaker-microphone clamp units, USB power and data cables, cigarette lighter chargers, 3.5 mm stereo audio cables, glued surface mounting adapters, microphone sponges, Velcro pads for speakers, and Allen wrenches.
- Weighs approximately 2.7 pounds.
The Sena SMH10D-11 motorcycle intercom kit comes two package versions – pack of 2 (click on the picture to go to Amazon) and the single pack. If you frequently ride with someone, you might want to consider getting the pack of 2 since it is going to save you more.
The Sena SMH10D-11 Bluetooth Headset is the better version of the Sena SMH5D-02. Check out these additional features which will surely be of great benefit to any motorcycle rider:
The Sena intercom comes with better ergonomics and with a jog dial which puts to rest complaints by motorcycle riders that their gloves usually make pushing buttons a bit harder.
With this jog dial, one can easily control volume and access the different functions of the device easily which of course, translates to a safer riding experience.
4-Way Conference Intercom System
This headset/intercom lets up to four users communicate up to a distance of 980 yards. This is one of the latest and most technologically advanced features that makes this Sena SMH10D-11 standout. Because of this, it has become one of the most efficient headsets, if not the most efficient, in the market right now as it can act as a host in a conference phone patch for a number of participants.
So you think those motorcycle headsets are only devised for calls? The Sena SMH10D-11 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset also makes music sharing possible. This feature allows you to share music during a two-way intercom conversation. You and your passenger can now enjoy music as you take on roads to adventure.
The Sena SMH10D-11 has its own quirks from time to time but they are not something which should change your mind about purchasing it.
- There have been a few reports that it is quite hard for four persons to stay perfectly connected especially if you are traveling long distances and going really fast. However, connecting two persons have never failed.
It is hard to find the best motorcycle rider headset but the Sena SMH10D-11 Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom proves to be the closest to perfection. It still encounters problems now and then but nothing that cannot be solved or get over with. Distance will be your only concern because as far as technology and efficiency go, this works the best.
Last update on 2017-04-28 PST - Details