You can call them whatever you like. Mini bike, mini moto, pocket bike, mini chopper, they’re all the same. But one thing is for sure: mini bikes are great fun.
The mini bike is a miniaturized motorcycle. It is a scaled-down model of a real working motorcycle. Your kids can ride it with you so both of you can have fun, but nobody’s stopping you from hopping onto a pocket bike to have some miniaturized fun of your own.
I compiled a list of the 5 best mini bikes that both kids and adults will like. These mini dirt bikes are a mixture of the gasoline-powered and electric variety and they come in all shapes and colors.
But first, here are some of the things that you should check out if you are planning to buy a mini bike.
Things You Need to Know about Mini Bikes
1. Mini bikes are NOT street-legal. Of course, this will depend on where you live. But for the most part, mini motorcycles should not be used on public roads. They are only good for the track, whether dirt or whatnot. Kindly check with your local authorities to determine the legality of using pocket bikes in public places like parks or empty parking lots.
2. Choosing between gasoline and electric will depend on a variety of factors. Gasoline-powered pocket bikes are faster than electric mini bikes, but they are more expensive to maintain and they also make a lot of noise, not to mention they are also less friendly to the environment.
Electric-powered mini bikes are cheaper to run and they run quietly as well. But when the battery runs out of juice, the fun is over. With a gasoline –powered variant, all you need to do is to fill up the tank and get back on the track.
3. Mini bikes may be small, but they pack quite a punch. If you are buying a mini motorcycle for your kid, it is better to choose something with a lower horsepower rating to minimize the risk of accidents. This also holds true if you are a first-time rider.
|Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike||969 Reviews||$232.99||Check on Amazon|
|Razor MX650 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike||474 Reviews||$449.00||Check on Amazon|
|Monster Moto Classic Mini Bike -Assembled in the USA- MM-B80-BR - Black/Red||150 Reviews||$398.99||Check on Amazon|
|Razor SX500 McGrath Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike||112 Reviews||$393.41||Check on Amazon|
|Coleman Powersports CT100U Gas Powered Mini Trail Bike||63 Reviews||$299.00||Check on Amazon|
The 5 Best Mini Bikes for Kids and Adults Alike
- Scaled down, battery-powered electric moto-cross dirt bike for off-road riding
- Super quiet, single speed, chain driven motor with a twist grip throttle control
- Large knobby tires; hand operated rear brake
- Speeds up to 12 miles per hour with no pedaling needed!
- Designed for ages 13 and up; 90-day warranty
- Compact electric motocross bike with powerful 650-watt electric motor
- Carries riders at speeds of up to 17 mph; authentic dirt bike frame geometry
- Dual suspension and riser handlebars deliver smooth, comfortable ride
- Pneumatic knobby tires for maximum power transfer; quiet variable-speed, chain-driven motor
- Recommended for ages 16 and older (220-pound weight limit); 90-day warranty
- 4 stroke OHV 1 cylinder - 98cc 3.0HP engine
- Easy pull start operation
- Rear disc - handle operated brakes
- Rugged and proven clutch and chain drive
- Recommended for riders up to 150Lb
- Proudly Assembled in Ruston, LA USA! Amazon Rated BEST SELLER!
- Powerful 80cc 2.5 HP Four Stroke Heavy Duty Overhead Valve (OHV) Gas Engine with Automatic No-Shift Centrifugal Force Clutch
- Hand Operated Cable Actuated Rear Disc Brake. Rugged, Reinforced Frame & Adjustable Handlebars
- Built to last: With a powder coated gusset reinforced welded tube steel frame and tough no-dent polypropylene fenders, our mini bike is durably constructed and ready for the rugged outdoors.
- Super Grip Tires-14.0X5.7R6.0 Off-Road Tubeless Pneumatic Tires with Steel Rims
- Inspired by the winningest motocross rider in history, Jeremy McGrath!
- Complete with authentic McGrath graphics and fairing design, genuine dirt bike frame geometry and a high-torque, variable speed motor for a super-charged experience
- Carries riders at speeds of up to 15 mph with 40 minutes of continuous use
- Features dual suspension and riser handlebars, large pneumatic knobby tires, retractable kickstand, and hand operated dual disc brakes
- Recommended for ages 14 and up; supports riders up to 175 pounds
All of these 5 mini bikes are among the best you can buy. But if I were to really choose, I would buy the Coleman Powersports CT100U simply because of the powerful gasoline engine. This baby is also on the lower end of the price range which makes it a true winner in my book.
When it comes to electric mini bikes, I will have to choose the Razor MX650 because it is bigger and more powerful than the Razor MX350. But then again, it all boils down to preference.
Of course, if you were to buy a mini bike for the kids, the Razor MX350 is a solid choice because it has ample amounts of power without feeling a bit too much for the size.
I also love the build quality and robust feel of the Monster Moto MM-B80-BR but it costs almost $100 more than the Coleman CT100U. But if you are planning to use your mini bike in rough and inhospitable terrain, then you can’t go wrong with the Monster Moto.
Last update on 2017-04-29 PST - Details